Monday, October 6, 2008

Indian Ocean in Boston

Love the men from New Delhi. But tonight's show was only moderately satisfactory. First of all, I thought the sound in Kresge at MIT sucked. Not sure if it was the sound system or the room's acoustics but it just wasn't what I would expect from Indian Ocean.
They played their regular playlist where you can expect Kandisa, Kya Maloom, Bandheh and all those other crowd pleasers especially Hille Le; don't know why they play that snog. I hate it. Good lyrics but it's like saying Pink Floyd's best song is Another Brick in the Wall (read this is not their best stuff)
But the main reason I wasn't too impressed was because the music did not flow very well tonight. I've seen them do their jugalbandis before on stage. They carry it off very well usually. But tonight it seemed more forced.
And to top it off Susmit Sen was playing an electric guitar all night. His sound is much better off on an acoustic and tonight proved that.
But hey how much can one comlpain for a $15 ticket. But I'm glad I could introduce 3 more people to Indian Ocean's music. They say they liked it. Who am I to judge.

0 comments: