Saturday, September 27, 2008

Apocalyptica

Went to check out these Finnish guys famous for playing Metallica covers. What with my faith in Metallica now re-born; not the same ole glory days pre-Reload and St. Anger, but getting there. Anyways I was at the Palladium in Worcester on Thruday night to listen to some great covers of Master, One and Nothing Else Matters, which are the only ones I've heard by these guys. The club turned out to be pretty cool and also had a full bar. And $5 beers instead of freakin $8 beers as is the norm to loot fans at any other bigger venue.
The music was good, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear them play David Bowie's "Heroes". Good cover. Among Metallica songs, they played One & Seek & Destroy.
Now I wait for January to hear Metallica play again.

0 comments: