Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mushrooms

It's interesting how you can attach very specific memories to someone. I might have been 15 or 16 years old when I visited my dad's friends in London. I had never liked mushrooms until then. Bharat uncle perceived and found out its because I had never tried eating them.
And then he told me to try one. He said they are just like potatoes, they can taste whatever you want them to taste. And that opened up my veggie existence by probably 50%. Thank you Bharat uncle.
And if I could make 3 recommendations about mushrooms, they have to be:
1. Veg Crespella at Don Giovanni (Mumbai) - pasta sheet filled with mushrooms and cheese
2. Mushroom Ravioli at Sunny's (Bangalore)
3. Home-made Mushroom Sautee by Jayneel Vora (Best chef I know today)

Unfortunately I do not have the same memories of meat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And who's fault is that? :P

Dhairav said...

Defi not mine.